We’ve turned our lacy push-up bras into horny bralettes, we have lower our outdated sweatpants into cozy WFH-approved shorts, and now, we’re able to dive into the newest DIY trend craze taking on TikTok. The pattern includes remodeling a fundamental pair of Walmart sneakers into full-fledged masterpieces with paint, and a few TikTokers are actually on the market flexing their inventive muscle mass on this one. The particular sneakers everybody’s giving a makeover are white platform kicks that ring up at simply $15 and considerably mimic the design of Nike’s iconic Air Force 1s. (We’ve bought the hyperlink to buy ’em on-line beneath, do not you are worried!)
Before you try this mission at residence, listed below are just a few useful ideas from the consultants who’ve proven off their hand-painted Walmart sneaks on social media:
- Start by eradicating the laces and sticking masking tape to the sneaker sections that you simply’d prefer to maintain white and freed from paint.
- Acrylic paints appear to be the most well-liked possibility due to what number of shade shades there are. But if you wish to keep away from the potential for chipping paint, go for leather-based paints like those bought by the Angelus model as a substitute.
- Don’t be alarmed if the colour seems splotchy and irregular at first — paint on about three strong coats to attain the actual shade.
- Top off the painted sections with Mod Podge or clear acrylic sealer spray.
- Lace these cuties up, take a snap for the ‘gram, and also you’re good to go.
Ahead, garner inspiration from a few of our favourite Walmart sneaker makeovers, and think about your weekend plans sorted.