Everytime I journey, I come again with inspiration within the kitchen for recipes or cocktails. It occurs in every single place I’m going. Whether it’s a local ingredient that I need to strive like these dragonfruit mojitos after visiting Thailand, or my spaghetti bolognese after being in Italy. I’m at all times impressed by the meals, drinks and components after I journey. Personally, it’s my favourite a part of touring. I adore it greater than sightseeing, snapping images or taking within the historical past. It’s at all times the meals and the folks that get me enthusiastic about a spot. So clearly at the moment’s recipe has a journey story behind it as a lot of the dishes I are likely to whip up at house now do.
Healthy Breakfast Bowl Recipe
While in Mykonos on a ladies journey, we headed to an excellent Instagram worthy restaurant known as Bowl. It was not Greek AT ALL, however that was effective. We had been ravenous for breakfast and determined to stroll a mile (don’t ask) to get meals. We noticed this sizzling pink and white restaurant on our drive in after we arrived and I immediately made a psychological be aware. I’m all for a cute and classy spot that ALSO has good meals. And the meals didn’t disappoint. It was scrumptious. We ordered two issues to share, their brekkie bowl and a yogurt parfait bowl. Both so so good.
The brekkie bowl was my favourite and as quickly as we inhaled it I knew I needed to recreate it at house. It was so easy but in addition insanely flavorful. It was simply merely roasted mushrooms and tomatoes topped with avocado, arugula and two delicate boiled eggs. A squeeze of lemon pulled the entire dish collectively.
I really forgot so as to add meat to this. But it’s effective. The one we had in Mykonos was topped with flat prime grilled ham, type of like Canadian bacon. A private favourite. You can add in any sort of meat you want. I’ve made this additionally with leftover Italian sausage, basic bacon or simply as is for a meat-free model. When I do make this at house, I make a giant batch of the roasted veggies. This approach I can simply warmth up what I would like and fry up an egg and then you definately’ve received breakfast. Meal prepping that is tremendous simple and it’s at all times good to have roasted veggies available to whip up a dish in a pinch. If you’re paleo, low carb or Keto, this simple wholesome breakfast hits all of the diets!
Roasted Mushroom and Tomato Breakfast Bowl Recipe
This breakfast is tremendous filling and truthfully makes for an awesome breakfast for dinner too. I wish to make additional roasted veggies to have available to whip up in a pinch within the mornings. They warmth up in seconds within the microwave. Plus, you may roast any of your favourite veggies like butternut squash, candy potato or zucchini. Whatever you want, or no matter is about to go unhealthy in your fridge, will work simply effective. PS I can by no means get an egg to delicate boil. I appear to at all times overlook about it. A delicate boil egg is sweet although because the yolk will get all up within the lemon juice and creates a little bit of a dressing for the arugula.
- 1 package deal of child tomatoes
- 1 package deal of mushrooms, use no matter mushrooms you fancy
- Soft boiled eggs (or fried, exhausting boiled, scrambled)
- Salt & Pepper
- Everything But The Bagel Seasoning
- Preheat oven to 425 levels and line two sheet pans with tin foil
- Add your mushrooms and tomatoes to the sheet pan and toss with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Roast for about 15-20 minutes or till tender and tomatoes have burst. I at all times like to do that on two sheet pans in case one finishes earlier than the opposite. Plus the tomatoes sort of get messy.
- While that roasts, exhausting boil your eggs (or fry them, no matter).
- Once your veggies are completed, add them to a bowl with a handful of arugula, half an avocado, sliced, eggs and a squeeze of lemon. I wish to prime my eggs and avocado with Everything But The Bagel seasoning from Trader Joe’s and a bit crushed purple pepper flakes.
Low Carb Breakfast Bowl
- 1 pint child tomatoes
- 1 pint mushrooms use no matter mushrooms you fancy
- 1 cup Arugula
- 2 Soft boiled eggs or fried, exhausting boiled, scrambled
- 1/2 Lemon
- 1/2 Avocado
- Salt & Pepper
- Everything But The Bagel Seasoning
Preheat oven to 425 levels and line two sheet pans with tin foil
Add your mushrooms and tomatoes to the sheet pan and toss with olive oil, salt and pepper. You may add your Everything But The Bagel seasoning as properly.
Roast for about 10-Quarter-hour or till tender and tomatoes have burst. I at all times like to do that on two sheet pans in case one finishes earlier than the opposite. Plus the tomatoes sort of get messy.
While that roasts, exhausting boil your eggs (or fry them, no matter).
Once your veggies are completed, add a few of them to a bowl with a handful of arugula, half an avocado, sliced, eggs and a squeeze of lemon. I wish to prime my eggs and avocado with Everything But The Bagel seasoning and a bit crushed purple pepper flakes. You’ll have left over tomatoes and mushrooms which shall be nice the following day!